Tuesday, May 22, 2007

~liking the new designer paper from SU~

I made this card for my dear sweet Baba's birthday. She is my dad's mom and for what ever reason as I was making her card I found myself reflecting back. I haven't seen her in around 9yrs...way too long! I was just thinking back to when us as kids would go to her house and she would always feed us way to much food (so I sent some cookies I made for her too), then she would tuck a $5. bill in my hand like it was a $100 bill. She had a way of making me feel so special. Now why did I put Baba on her card...well when she lived in her house I used to address the card to Baba instead of her first name, she would always happily tell me how the mail lady said there was a letter for "baba" and she knew instantly who it was from. It makes me so happy to that just putting "baba" on the front made her day! Okay enough with the sappiness. I used the oval punch (SU) to make the big flower, & my Cricut for the name (I used the designer series SU 6x6 pkg to make them).



3 comments:

Linda said...

Cute card, I like how you have baba at a slant!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love how you did the flowers layered. nice and simple but striking

Susi said...

Dear Stephanie - Oh boy, I am not going to "listen to you talk" about the Cricut. I am near enough to an ACMoore store here in NJ this week and have been cleaning them out. Decided that the Cuttlebug Machine at 40% off cost less than 2 days of DH golf at the cheapest of courses -- so I just figured I deserved one!!!! It is so much easier now to emboss (remember, Jana and I used the pasta machine method!!!)and I am carefully picking up some die cuts. Of course, you might guess that the 2-step paisley dies were a decision-maker item. Last night got the set with the four flowers to layer. Gotta try those this afternoon. Also, gotta cut some stuff to send her!!! A Great Big Maine Bear Hug. Susi