Monday, February 26, 2007

Cocobolo...



I didn't make anything today due to my 3yr old deciding we needed a trip to emerg instead...I'll fill you in soon. So now that she is okay I decided to share a pen that my husband recently made. This one is sold already, it is made by one of our fav woods. I added a little blurp about it below.


COCOBOLO
Is one of the true tropical rosewoods, Cocobolo is a sub-canopy tree, reaching 75 to 80 feet in height in the natural rainforest, colors range from a beautiful rich dark brick red, to reddish or dark brown, the wood darkens with age and without finish protection, Cocobolo will turn black. Amid the tree's large, leathery leaves, blooms tiny yellow flowers, and then later turn to long, flat seedpods. At 65 pounds per cubic foot dried, cocobolo weighs twice as much as cherry or walnut, and is far too dense to float. Cocobolo has always been a highly treasured wood even in the days when merchant ships battled the ravages of South America's treacherous Cape Horn; the heavy cocobolo commanded the precious little cargo space.

Now back to my poor little girl...she triped walking out the front door and landed splat on her face. Her poor little nose doubled in size instantly. It was not nice and I was so so very sad for her. I called my hubby and told him I was on my way to emerg, he said to call him after and let him know how it went. Being the wonderfully amazing hubby he is he left work instanly {he was in a nearby city} and met me at emerg {I really do not deal well with emerg visits...he is much better with it than I am}. In the end she is okay, she says her face hurts but should heal nicely which is what every parent wants to hear.

1 comment:

QuiltNut Creations said...

poor sweetie! glad to hear she wasn't seriously hurt!